NEET UG happens to be an essential examination for all those who wish to gain admission to top Medical and Dental courses across the country. After the release of results, the state authority will be releasing a provisional list of the number of candidates who have qualified their NEET UG entrance examination. This will be followed by a counselling session which will be conducted by the MCI for filling 15% of AIQ seats and state government for filling the remaining 85% seats.
The counselling will be conducted almost at the same time across all the states in the country. In the case of West Bengal, it will be carried out on the fourth week of June 2019. All candidates who have their name enlisted in the NEET result can participate in the counselling process by filling the registration forms through the online mode. The counseling process will be carried out for allotting over 2,200 seats for MBBS and 546 seats for BDS.
A detailed overview of the counselling is provided below:
Candidates will be required to register themselves online. For this, you must visit the website and click on “New Registration” button. Herein you must fill your personal information comprising of NEET seat number, date of birth, security pin, etc. You will also be required to include other details including email id, mobile number and after filling the entire form click on the submit button.
Payment of Fee
The registration for counselling will remain pending unless the application fee is not paid. The application fee is subject to vary based on the category of the candidate and the course taken. The payment must be paid on the online basis either through Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card. Below mentioned is the application fee cost which is as follows:
|General Category/ OBC||Rs. 2000|
|SC/ ST||Rs. 1500|
Verification of Documents
The registration process will be followed by verification of documents which the candidates will have to get verified by visiting the respective document verification centres. On successful verification, the candidate will be issued a verification certificate.
Filling of Choice and Locking
Candidates will have to fill in their choice of college in the order of priority. There is no limit to as many choices can be filled. However, the choices must be filed in the hierarchy of choices.
Allocation of Seats
The counseling will be carried out in 2 rounds. This will be followed by a Mop-up round conducted to fill the vacant seats. The first round of counseling will be announced on 1st week of July. Candidates who are allotted seats will have to download and take a printout of the seat allotment letter. They can download the document by logging in the individual accounts. It is mandatory to produce the allotment letter and other original documents during the time of verification.
Reporting to College
All candidates must compulsorily report to the allotted college on the scheduled day. The following documents are a must to be carried to the verification centre and college on the day of selection:
- NEET UG 2019 Score Card
- NEET UG 2019 Admit Card
- Passing Certification of Class 10 and 12
- Mark Sheet of Class 10 and 12
- Medical Certificate obtained from a registered medical allopathic practitioner
- Verification Slip obtained during the pre-counseling session
- Category Certificate
- West Bengal MBBS 2019 provisional seat allotment letter
- Orthopedic Physical Disability Certificate obtained from the Medical board of IPGMER Kolkata.
- Certificates issued by any other authority will not be accepted
Now that NEET 2019 is already over, for all the aspirants acing for NEET 2020, this is the appropriate time to kick start your preparation. Target Publication deems to be your companion in this journey and offer you the perfect guidance in acing the examination. Our NEET notes are compiled with the sole view of rendering you the best platform for preparation. This includes the Absolute and Challenger Series. While the foremost deals with building the concept base, the latter deals in testing your expertise in the subject.
Target Publications notes and study materials are most sought for candidates from school to entrance examination level. Our offerings include Study Materials, Online Test Series, Mock Test and Video Lectures by subject experts.
Also, we deal in bringing you top study hacks and tips for acing the exams, through our blog: