NEET UG examination dates were released a month ago. Its time to set alarms and perk up for the exam, bracing oneself to grab the opportunity to hit your goals for NEET 2020.
The 3 hours long exam opportune aspirants to get admission into MBBS and BDS courses in top medical and dental colleges across India.
For those about to appear for HSC boards and simultaneously appear for NEET UG 2020 its time to perk up and brace yourself.
Evolution of NEET
The National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET) was previously known as AIPMT. Even though AIPMT is now known as NEET there has been little to no difference in the overall pattern of the exam except for two points.
Methodology of Exam
The National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET) was previously known as AIPMT. AIPMT i.e. All India Pre Medical and Dental Test was conducted in two rounds. The aspirants had to first appear for the prelims. After qualifying prelims, the selected candidates were allowed to sit for the mains. On the basis of scores obtained in mains, the further admission process was carried on.
NEET UG is a national level examination which is also the sole test conducted for availing admission to Medicine and Dental programs across India. Unlike AIPMT, NEET UG is conducted as a single examination. Thus, if you are pursuing the medical or dental field, then passing NEET UG 2020 is a mandatory qualification for availing admission to MBBS and BDS programs.
Also Read: Best Study Tips for Medical Entrance Exams
Bifurcation of Subjects
The NEET syllabus is divided into three sections viz. Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Both Physics and Chemistry have 45 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) each. Biology has 90 MCQs divided equally among Botany and Zoology. If you are a medical aspirant, understanding Biology and Chemistry won’t be a difficult task. However, when it comes to NEET Physics, it might comparatively be difficult to understand the whole subject.
In this blog, we have tried to present a quick run through the tips to help students ace in the NEET physics exam. Check them below:
- Divide your NEET Physics syllabus of each topic into three parts i.e.. Theory, Formulae and MCQs.
- Develop a timetable. Allocate time to each category based on how much practice is required. If you think you can easily cope with the theory and also remember formulae then it is the MCQ section that would require more attention.
- For Theory section – Readout loud, learn and understand the concepts that will help to solve the MCQs. Make flowcharts of important points. This will later help you to revise the topic at a glance.
- For Formulae section – Make cheat notes consisting of all the formulae and shortcuts that are in a particular chapter and which are necessary from the exam point of view. It will help offer perfect assistance for gaining quick revision.
- For MCQ section – Numerical MCQs form the most complex part of the competitive exams. As one is required to solve the paper within a time limit of 3 hours, it becomes even more essential to get them completed in time.
- Make it a point to solve Numerical MCQs every day to be well-revised with the methodology. The more you solve, it will be easy for you to complete your paper in time on the day of the exam.
- Every day along with completing other subjects practice physics MCQs. It will not only add on to practice but also help you gain mastery over the subject.
- Go through the previous year papers – This will streamline your learning by helping you know what are the questions and topics which were asked in previous year papers. Hereby you can easily comprehend which topics carry more weightage and in this manner, you can go on with your NEET exam preparation.
- Solve as many test papers as possible – Time management and understanding questions will turn easier by solving previous year papers as well as trying out various mock tests.
The above method will enable you to clear the preparation in time and be all ready for the exam without the worry of impending topics to get them cleared.
Achieving the goal becomes easier when backed by appropriate tools for study. Herein, apart from being abreast of the NCERT textbook on which the NEET syllabus is based, referral books aid in refining your learning process. Publication houses are thus coming up with NEET reference material to ease the entire process of competitive exam preparation.
Recommended Products for NEET UG Examination
NEET Absolute and NEET Challenger series by Target Publications offers one such platform for students to enhance their knowledge bank. The book presents a pedestal for assessing one’s caliber by presenting sample questions for practice. The NEET Challenger Physics book includes charts, pointers, and tables to enable quick learning in optimal time. Whereas, the NEET Absolute Physics presents to students a detailed theoretical explanation of every topic for better understanding.
Furthermore, NEET PSP provides a sneak-peek into NEET and AIPMT questions from the past 32 years. The book presents an extensive platform for aspirants to practice varied types of questions to get fully prepared and be confident on the day of the exam. You can assess your preparation of respective subjects by taking up NEET Online Test Series thereby adding an extra edge to your NEET Exam preparation.
Do not forget to read our blog section for NEET to gain further updates, tips and help for acing NEET UG Exam 2020!
Learn, Practice and Grow!!!