NEET is a crucial examination for students who aspire to enroll into top Medical and Dental colleges across the country. The NEET entrance examination successfully concluded on May 05, 2019. The result of the same will be declared in the end of May 2019. However, the quest doesn’t end here alone. Once the results are declared students are required to appear for the counselling process which will be conducted by the MCI for filling 15% seats through AIQ and remaining 85% seats by the state government authority.
It is necessary for every candidate to appear for the NEET counselling if they deem to take admission in top medical and dental colleges. The counselling will be conducted in three rounds to fill approximately 128 seats in medical college and 34 seats in dental college across the state of Goa.
The eligibility for appearing for NEET counselling is as follows:
- The students must have attempted the NEET entrance examination and qualified the same
- They must have their name listed in the merit list published by the state government
|First round of counselling||July 4 to July 5 2019|
|Second round of counselling||August 8, 2019|
|Third round of counselling||To be notified|
Here is a detailed process for Admission and Selection Process:
- The Goa counselling process is carried out by the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa. The candidates must have a valid score for appearing for the NEET Counselling in the state. For this, they need to register and fill the application for attending the counselling. The application forms will have to be filled and submitted offline.
- After this, the candidate will be required to pay their application fees.
- The counselling process will take place in the offline mode after the verification of documents.
- Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of college preference, number of vacant seats and the percentage acquired in the exam.
- Once the seats are allotted, candidates who are satisfied by their choice are required to visit the allotted college on the scheduled date along with the relevant documents required for admission.
- The seat will be locked confirmed only when the candidate pays the admission fees.
What are the documents required?
It is mandatory for all the candidates to carry the below mentioned documents along with their application form and fee at the time of admission. These are as follows:
- Recently clicked Passport size photograph
- NEET Score Card 2019
- NEET Admit Card 2019
- Class 10th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate from Goa University (applicable for candidates other than Goa Board)
- Character Certificate
The reservation criteria will be as per the margin set by the respective state governments of Goa. Eligible candidates will have to present suitable documents in favor of the claimant. The reservation criteria are mentioned as below:
|Category||Number of MBBS seats||Number of BDS seats|
|Scheduled caste (SC)||03||01|
|Central Service Personnel (CSP)||04||01|
|Non-resident Indian (NRI)||02||–|
|Ex Serviceman (ESM)||01||01|
|Goan Native (General)||–||–|
|Freedom Fighters (General)||01||01|
If you want to crack NEET this is the appropriate time to start with the preparation for NEET 2020. Backed by excellent study material, test series and mock tests can level up your preparation. Target publication offers a compact and crisp study kit for NEET students with the view of making them crack the examination with flying colors. Our offerings include NEET Absolute Series and NEET Challenger Series that offers insight in two different manner. While the former aids in building the concept base, the later helps to strengthen the same using challenging questions for students to solve.
Also do not forget to read our blogs to find lucrative ways and study hacks for preparing for entrance examination. Here’s a sneak peek.
- What Are The Top 10 Most Common Mistakes Students Make in NEET UG
- How to Calculate Rank in NEET-UG 2019 Exam – Tie-Break Criteria Full Analysis
- How to deal with Exam Phobia in this Highly Competitive World?
- 7 Best Revision Techniques for Entrance Examination | NEET, CET & JEE Mains