JEE Main is one of the crucial examinations which is a deciding factor for students in gaining admission for Engineering and Architecture exams. It is also the key for candidates in gaining entry to top IITs, IIITs, and NITs. This is what makes the examination an important aspect for aspirants to take it seriously.
So for all those who aim to crack the JEE Main in the year 2020 or failed to reach their goal in the previous year can take the chance in the coming year and try their luck in cracking the JEE Main examination. The JEE Main exam notification is out and we are here to present you complete detail about how to fill the application form, the documents required and other important details:
About JEE Main
JEE Main is a national level examination conducted by NTA for rendering admission to students at top IITs, NITs, and IIITs. Students who have scored good marks in the exam are offered admission to courses like B.Arch, B.Tech, B.E., and B.Plan. The exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency twice a year, once in January and other in April. Read below to check out the complete detail where we would also touch across necessary points in the form of questions:
What are the new changes introduced in the exam?
- Before we begin with getting into the detailed understanding of the other aspects of the exam, let’s gain a sneak peek of the changes introduced in the exam:
- The JEE Main examination from the year 2019 was conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) in the place of CBSE.
- It is conducted twice in a year in the month of January and April
- It will be conducted in the online Computer Based Test (CBT) Mode instead of Offline mode.
- Unlike previous years of the exam, there is no age limit since 2019. Candidates can now fill eligibility criterion without any limit to age.
Candidates who wish to appear for the exam must be meet the following criterion mentioned below. These include:
- The candidates should have appeared for their class 12 or equivalent examination or must be appearing for it in the year 2020.
- They should have studied in either of the 5 subjects from Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Technical or Vocational subjects. For students who are appearing for B.Arch. should have studied Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as their qualifying exam during HSC/ Class 12.
Note: There are no separate criteria for droppers and they can follow the same criteria as mentioned above.
JEE Main 2020 Registration
The application process for JEE Main 2020 will kickstart from September 01, 2019 and will be open until September 30, 2019. All aspirants who wish to appear for the exam must register themselves by logging at the official website of JEE at jeemain.nic.in. The detailed registration process is as mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of JEE Main at jeemain.nic.in
- Click on the link of JEE Main registration
- Register yourself using your official email ID and phone number
- Candidates will be sent Login and Password through Email and SMS
- Login your account using the password and login
- Fill in all the mentioned details in the application form including personal, education and other details
- Make application fee payment online which can be either done through net banking/ credit card/ debit card or e-challan.
- Upload the scanned copies of documents in the specific size format (Photograph between 10 KB to 200 KB in jpeg and signature between 4 KB to 30 KB in jpeg format).
- Check all the details filled and click on submit
JEE Main 2020 Payment of Application Fee
The application fee of JEE Main tends to differ for different categories and also for candidates who opt for centers inside as well as outside India. Below is the category-wise distribution of fees which are as mentioned below:
|JEE Paper||OBC-NCL||SC/ ST/ PwD/ Trans/ Girl candidates|
|Paper 1 or 2 (Exam center in India)||INR 500||INR 250|
|Paper 1 and 2 (Exam center India)||INR 900||INR 450|
|Paper 1 or 2 (Exam center in India)||INR 2000||INR 1000|
|Paper 1 and 2 (Exam center outside India)||INR 3000||INR 1500|
What are the Documents required?
Candidates are required to upload the following documents at the time of filling the application form which is as follows:
- Scanned Photograph and Signature in the given format
- One valid photo ID proof such as Passport/ Aadhar Card/ PAN Card/ Voter ID Card, etc.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (applicable in the case of PwD candidates)
- Class 10 and 12 Mark Sheets
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern
The JEE Main 2020 exam is divided into Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is applicable for Engineering students and Paper 2 is applicable for Architecture. The examination is conducted for a duration of 3 hours wherein the candidates will have to appear for the exam through a computer-based test.
How to prepare for JEE Main 2020?
JEE Main is an important examination for all those who wish to avail admission for engineering in IITs, NITs, and IIITs across different locations in India. Thus putting in your best efforts so as to make your dream come true. Here are a few tips to get you nearer to your dreams:
- Make a fixed routine and cover the said topic each day without missing the ritual
- Enjoy your studies while you prepare. Taking interest in what you are doing can make it much more interesting and thereby making it easy to imbibe things much easier.
- Since JEE Mains is now conducted twice a month, it renders a chance for aspirants to try their luck twice. So, instead of appearing for once, attempt both the exams during January and April. It will not only give much greater insight about how the exams are carried out and the way the questions are asked. This will render you the chances to improve your scores and get ahead in the exam.
- Regularly practice whatever is taught in the coaching classes and also your notes. Get the best reference book material, get a sneak of practice question papers and also be thorough with your books.
- Be abreast with NCERT syllabus as most of the questions are asked from the CBSE board NCERT books.
- Devote at least 3 to 4 hours daily for studying and 1 to 2 hours for revising daily.
- Listen to video and audio lectures on YouTube and other online platforms to gain a deeper insight into the subject matter.
Read expert advice by former JEE Main 2019 topper Shubham Shrivastava in our blog at Study Tips by Shubham Shrivastava Topper of JEE MAIN 2019 – AIR 1
Target Publications offers a one-stop destination for all JEE aspirants in finding the perfect solution for your learning. JEE Mains is a crucial exam and a deciding factor for your position in gaining admission to top NITs, IITs and IIITs offers a comprehensive solution for all candidates. We offer a paradise of well-collaborated notes put across to offer students a complete understanding of the subject. The notes are divided into absolute and challenger series. They are bifurcated to offer students organized learning experience by foremost strengthening their basics and later moving towards testing their caliber through JEE Main challenger series.
The early bird gets the worm, as the saying goes, beginning your preparation early can do a lot good for you in acing your entrance exam. Read the tips and tricks on how to start preparation for JEE Main in the 11th Standard
To make it even easy for students we present YouTube videos on important topics explained by experts. To gain the benefit of our notes you can check out our offerings by visiting our website. Here are the products offered under our offerings:
- JEE Main Absolute Series
- JEE Main Challenger Series
- JEE Main Online Test Series
- JEE Main Mock Tests
- YouTube Videos
Also check out our blogs on JEE Main which includes: