The date for Maharashtra Health and Technical – Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) 2019 is out! The examination to secure admission to undergraduate Engineering, Pharmacy and Agriculture courses in Maharashtra will be held between 2 May 2019 to 13 May 2019. The State Common Entrance Test Cell of the Government of Maharashtra is the conducting authority of the exam.
I. As candidates of such a competitive examination, some of the important facts to bear in mind are :
- This year the exam will be conducted online, or as it is called, a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The examination will be held in double shifts.
- Question paper of MHT-CET 2019 will be based on the Std. XI and Std. XII syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. Syllabus for Std. XI can be viewed here. Std. XII entire syllabus is to be covered.
- As much as 80% weightage will be given to Std. XII curriculum and 20% weightage will be given to Std. XI syllabus.
- Hence, the number of questions from Std. XII syllabus will be more.
- For Physics, Chemistry and Maths, the difficulty level will be at par with the JEE (Main). While the difficulty level for Biology will be at par with NEET.
II. Preparation for MHT-CET 2019
The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” – Colin R. Davis. With good resource material and effective preparation, strategy success is yours. Some of the study tips for MHT-CET 2019 that one must make a part of daily exam preparation are :
- Analyse previous year’s MHT-CET.
- Divide the available time equally among Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- Prepare as per the most likely topics in the four subjects.
- Revise. Mock tests. Assess weak areas. Make clear and concise notes. Revise. Make this your preparation mantra.
- CBSE students need to study the topics for MHT-CET 2019 which are not covered under CBSE. Some topics in Physics especially have more theory that requires to be prepared separately.
- Memorise equations and reactions from Inorganic Chemistry as direct questions are asked. Make notes for the same and revise at the end of the day.
- Begin preparing for Biology atleast 5-6 months before the exam, as the subject requires multiple revisions.
- For Mathematics, each time you solve the sample papers, progressively increase the speed taken to solve every question. Try getting better with time management as you solve every successive paper.
- You may also refer to MHT-CET books and relevant MHT-CET videos related to preparation for MHT-CET 2019.
- Read interviews and opinions given by toppers and teachers about the previous year’s MHT-CET. This will give an insight into their preparation style and the strategy they adopted at the time of taking the exam.
Some tips to crack the MHT-CET 2019 are as follows:
- If a particular question is difficult, do not spend too much time trying to solve it. Attempt the next question and come back to it later.
- Make it a point to clear the sectional cut-off and also the over cut-off.
- As the questions can be very tricky, read them very carefully before answering.
- No negative marking for wrong answers.
III. Master Your MHT-CET Preparation with Target’s MHT-CET ‘Triumph’ Series
When preparing for an examination of such high repute such as MHT-CET 2019, how can you not opt for the best?!! From the scores of books, videos and online test series available, there is one name that stands out when it comes to preparing for competitive exams. Target Publications! Target Publications is a respected brand with 12 years of experience in educational publishing. Their books and online test series are your go-to study material for school, college and entrance exam preparations. It enjoys the No.1 position in Maharashtra for its offerings pertaining to books of Std. IX-Std.XII and engineering and medical entrances.
Talking of engineering entrance exams, every aspiring engineer’s MHT-CET preparation is incomplete without Target Publications’ ‘Triumph Series’. The series comprises of a set of 11-books, curated as per the exam pattern of MHT-CET.