The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a National Level Entrance examination, that aids candidates avail admission to Medical and Dental programs across India. As per the latest notification released by the NTA i.e. National Testing Agency, the NEET UG 2020 application process will start from December 02, 2019. All candidates aspiring to pursue undergraduate programs in Medical and Dental courses must fill the NEET application forms on or before the deadline i.e. December 31, 2019.
In 2018, over 15 lakh aspirants registered for NEET and a total of 14, 10, 754 appeared for the examination. As for NEET 2020, a total of 78,335 for MBBS, 26,949 for BDS and 53,720 for AYUSH seats will be filled across India.
Besides, the seats for All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) will also be filled on the basis of scores obtained in the NEET UG exam 2020.
About NEET UG 2020
The NEET-UG 2020 is an All India level exam that is conducted on a pan India basis for candidates aspiring to secure admissions to Medical and Dental courses across the country. The examination is scheduled for May 03, 2020, and will be conducted in pen and paper mode. Applications to NEET UG can be filled online by visiting the official website of NTA. The registration process will be open from December 02, 2019, to December 31, 2019 night till 11.50 pm. All aspirants must fill the application forms in advance to avoid any encumbrances later on.
The time duration will be 3 hours from 2 pm to 5 pm. The paper will comprise of three subjects viz. Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with a total of 180 questions divided into 45, 45 and 90 questions respectively. There will be negative marking for the wrong answer. However, there is will no negative marking for questions left unanswered.
How to Fill the NEET Application Form for 2020?
Here is a detailed procedure of the entire process:
- Visit the official website at www.nta.ac.in or www.ntaneet.nic.in
- Register yourself on the website by adding your registered mobile number and email ID
- A NEET provisional number (ID) and password will be sent to your registered mobile number and email.
- Login the website using the provisional number (ID) and password
- Fill in your personal and academic details on the application form
- Upload the scanned documents, latest colored photograph, signature, class certificate, left-thumb impression, and postcard size photograph as per the specified file size
(Note: The photograph should have a white background with 80% face coverage. The size must be between 1 kb to 200 kb in JPG format
Signature in white background signed with a black pen and not in capital letters. The size must be between 4 kb to 30 kb in JPG format)
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- The candidate will be directed to the fees payment page.
- Pay fees online using net banking/ credit card or debit card.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Take a printed copy of the fully filled application form. Download and keep the copy safe as candidates will require it in the further process as proof of confirmation.
NEET UG Application Fees information
Candidates must complete the payment of NEET UG application through the online mode. The payment can be made using Debit card/ Credit Card/ Net banking or UPI transfer using SBI/ ICICI Bank/ HDFC Bank/ Syndicate Bank or Paytm service providers.
The Application form fee is as follows:
|General and OBC Candidates||INR 1500/-|
|General EWS/ OBC- NCL Candidates||INR 1400/-|
|SC/ ST/ PH Candidates/ Transgender||INR 750/-|
Documents for NEET-UG 2020
Candidates must submit the following documents at the time of NEET UG application form filling:
Scanned copies of:
- The photograph must be taken in a white background with 80% visibility of the face in the size of 10Kb to 200 Kb in JPG format.
- The signature must be done with a black ink pen on a white paper in a file size of 4 Kb to 30 Kb in JPG format.
- Class 10 certificate – A scanned copy of the document must be uploaded in JPG format. The file size must be between 100 Kb to 300 Kb.
- Postcard size photo – In addition to passport size photograph, candidates must also submit a postcard size photo in JPG format with size ranging between 50kb to 300 kb.
- Left-hand thumb impression – Candidate’s left-hand thumb impression on white paper with blue ink. The scanned copy must be in JPG format with a size ranging between 10 Kb to 50 kb.
NTA correction window:
The NTA will open the correction window for NEET UG 2020 from January 15, 2020, until January 31, 2020. Candidates can correct/ edit any errors in the form, from the correction guide. For this, aspirants must log into the correction window using the NEET application number and password. Not all details can be corrected. Below is presented the list of details which can be corrected:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of Birth
- Gender of Candidate
Important Details regarding NEET UG 2020 application form filling:
To curb any situations arising from impersonation and cheating in NEET registration, the NTA has brought about certain changes. The changes are as follows:
- Candidates must declare their class 10th and 12th board exams roll numbers at the time of form filling.
- For candidates who are appearing for class 12 board examinations, and will get their roll number after the application form filling, they will have to provide the same through the correction window between January 15, 2020, to January 31, 2020.
- Candidates will have to upload a live photograph and identity proof preferably Aadhar card. The photographs uploaded during application filling will be matched with real-time pictures clicked at the exam center to eliminate any discrepancies.
Also Read: How to tackle Physics for NEET UG 2020?;
NEET UG 2020 Admit Card
The NEET UG 2020 Admit Card is set to release on March 27, 2020 by the NTA. Candidates can download the Admit Card by visiting the official website.
NEET UG 2020 Exam
The NEET-UG 2020 Exam will be held on May 03, 2020, Sunday. Candidates must carry along:
- Admit Card;
- 6 Photographs;
- Filled application form;
- Payment Receipt
to the examination center.
NEET UG 2020 Results
The NEET UG 2020 Results will be released on June 04, 2020 on the official website of NEET
Before which you can try the NEET Rank Predictor to get a near about estimate of your NEET Result. Prepare Wise, Prepare Smart! Target Publications presents a comprehensive platform for NEET UG 2020 exam preparation presenting NEET Challenger and NEET Absolute series. Check your caliber by assessing your preparation through NEET Challenger that presents ample pointers, charts, and tables for quick learning in optimal time before the exam. At a broader level, NEET Absolute enhances your concept-based by presenting a comprehensive theoretical explanation of each topic amply backed by numerous of questions from other competitive exams and NEET UG 2019 exams. You can assess your preparation of respective subjects by taking up NEET Online Test Series thereby adding an extra edge to your NEET Exam preparation.
Moreover, with NEET PSP we provide you a sneak peek into AIPMT and NEET questions from the past 32 years. Check out our blog section for more information on study techniques for NEET UG exams. Make your way towards your dream of cracking NEET the smart way!
Learn, Solve and Practise!!!