NEET also popularly known as the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is the only medium for candidates seeking admission to top Medical and Dental colleges, get their seats ensured. After the completion of the NEET UG entrance, the next step is NEET UG Counselling. Unlike other states, the NEET UG counselling is all set to be conducted on the third week of June.
The eligibility criteria for all candidates who wish to take part in the counselling must have passed their 10+2 and NEET entrance exam. After the release of results, the state government of Telangana will be releasing the provisional result enlisting the names of candidates who have qualified the exam in the state. Aspirants whose name is included in the list can participate for the counselling process by filling the registration forms.
The counselling procedure will be carried out by the Kaloji Narayan Rao University of Health Sciences, Telangana. From the year 2018, the state was also included in the 15% All India Quota Seats, after which the state is now liable for conducting counselling for 85% of state quota seats. Separate counselling will be conducted for Medical and Dental Seats in the state.
Admission process and selection
- After registering for the counselling through online mode, the candidates will have to be present at the notified help line center on the scheduled time.
- It is mandatory for students to get the documents verified, only after which they will be deemed eligible for the further process
- The candidates will have to fill their choice of college and lock the choices at the help center itself
- This will be continued by allocation of seat which will be done on the basis of preference of college, number of vacant seats and the marks obtained.
- Students who are satisfied with their allocated seats must download the allotment letter from the website and carry the same to the allotted college on the scheduled date. It is mandatory for students to be present at the venue failing which the admissions would stand cancelled.
85% of seats will be reserved for the local candidates in accordance to the relation of each local area. Following is the reservation criteria for Telangana will have to furnish a certificate in the prescribed format.
|Category||Percentage of Seats|
|General Category (GC)||50%|
|National Cadet Corps||1%|
|Police Martys Children (PMC)||0.25%|
|Sports & Games||0.50%|
Following are the documents required to be carried at the time of counselling are as follows:
- NEET Admit Card 2019
- NEET Score Card 2019
- Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate for Class 10th
- Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate for Class 12th
- Category Certificate
- Residence Proof
- PH Certificate
- Payment of Fee Receipt made online or Challan
- Recently clicked Passport Size Photographs
Commence your NEET preparation with Target Publications’ NEET Study Materials, Online Test Series and Mock Tests to make the most of your learning process. To ease the study process we have also provided video lectures on selected topics by subject experts on our YouTube channel. All you need to do is go to our YouTube page and subscribe for the lectures.
Our offerings are not only limited to entrance exams such as NEET, JEE and CET we also cater to school and college section for Science and Commerce. Our product offerings include
You can also look through our blogs wherein you can view expert guidance on preparation strategy, study hacks, techniques to crack entrance examination and passing SSC and HSC.