Candidates who aim for availing admission to MBBS and BDS are required to qualify their NEET entrance examination. Based on the marks obtained in the NEET examination and their qualification, the students will be called for counseling. An overall of 15% seats will be filled under AIQ by the MCI while the remaining 85% of seats will be filled by the state quota of respective states.
Detailed information on NEET UG Counseling at Odisha
Similar to other states, the NEET UG Counseling for Odisha will begin in the fourth week of June. Prior to this, the state government will be enlisting the list of selected candidates who have qualified the NEET entrance exam. Based on the names listed, students can thereon go to filling their registrations at the official website. The counseling for the state of Odisha will be organized by the Directorate of Medical Education & Training at Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
The registration process will be carried out through online mode. All selected candidates need to register online only, failing which they won’t be deemed eligible to participate in other rounds of counseling. The counseling process starts with the submission of application fee, choice filling and Locking of seats, seat allotment and document verification.
Selection and Admission Process
- Candidates foremost will be required to register themselves on the website and fill the application form
- They need to log in the website using their credentials including application number and password rendered to them at the time of registering for exam
- After successfully logging in the website, they need to further fill their personal information including Mother and Father’s name, registered email ID and Mobile Number.
- This will be followed by choice filling and locking of seats. Candidates can lock as choices as they deem proper for them. However, they must categorize them in order of their preference as the selection of the college will be based on merit obtained, preference and availability of seats
- Document verification will be carried after which the students will be sent a provisional admission letter from the OJEE cell. Candidates would also receive acknowledgement letter for the documents submitted for verification.
- Candidates will be allotted provisionally after they pay the prescribed admission fee
- Students need to note that there will be three counselling rounds conducted. And based on the availability of seat, the final mop-up round will take place.
- Once the counseling is over, the OJEE will send the list of candidates and the admission fee to the respective colleges.
- Candidates herein will be required to report to the concerned college on the said date carrying along with the documents for verification. It is compulsory for students to be present in the college on the scheduled date, failing which their admission may stand cancelled.
Documents to be carried to the center
The below-listed documents will be required for both verification as well as to carry to the allotted college. These are as follows:
- Recently clicked passport size photograph
- NEET Score Card
- NEET Admit Card
- Class 10 Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Class 12 Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Character Certificate
- Allotment Letter sent by OJEE
- Migration Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Reservation Criteria
The reservation criteria will be as per the margin set by the respective state governments. In case of Odisha, the reservation policy are as follows:
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||8%|
|Green Card Holders (GC)||5%|
**It has to be noted that, there is no OBC category in Orissa. Hence, the candidates belonging to OBC will be counted as General category candidates.
NEET is a crucial examination that decides the future of students whether they will gain admission in a good reputed Medical and Dental college or not. Hence, putting in a complete zest to qualify the examination is the crux. Candidates who are aiming for NEET UG 2020 have still one complete year left for preparing for the examination. If you begin now, the sail will be much smoother and one will be able to clear the examination backed with immense practice and revision.
However, choosing the best study material, study tools and methods play a crucial role in determining the percentage of scores, one will receive. Target Publication thus offers a compact and competent study tool kit comprising of best series and mock tests to strengthen preparation. Our Absolute and Challenger series for NEET is developed to present a platform wherein they can build their concept as well as take up revision.
Our offerings include:
NEET UG YouTube Lectures by subject, experts rendering a deeper insight into the subject. Subscribe to our channel at YouTube and do not miss any update on the latest videos uploaded. Stay Updated and Ahead with Target!
To aid students who are preparing for NEET UG 2020 we present prolific blogs by experts rendering idea about study hacks, tips and tricks so as to keep you ahead of others in your preparation.
- What Are The Top 10 Most Common Mistakes Students Make in NEET UG
- 7 Best Revision Techniques for Entrance Examination | NEET, CET & JEE Mains
- How to deal with Exam Phobia in this Highly Competitive World?
- How to Calculate Rank in NEET-UG 2019 Exam – Tie-Break Criteria Full Analysis