fbpx

NEET MBBS Counselling 2019 – Important Dates & Admission Procedure

N

The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is an essential National Level Examination conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency). It is the sole examination which is conducted in the country to offer Medical and Dental seats to the candidates. The conducting body for the exam was CBSE until 2019 and from this year was taken over by the NTA. All aspirants who are seeking admission to medical, dental and AYUSH courses in their undergraduate level are capable of appearing the exam if they meet the general requirements as set by the NTA.

Buy NEET UG BooksBuy NEET UG Online Test Series

About NEET UG

NEET also popularly known as National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a national level examination for rendering admission to Medical, Dental and AYUSH courses across different states of the country. It is conducted in pen and paper mode. It is a gateway for approximate of 65,000 seats for MBBS and 25,000 dental seats in India. Hence it is necessary for candidates to check whether they have met the necessary criteria or not.

Eligibility of NEET UG admission

Candidates seeking admission to NEET must fulfill the following necessities which are mentioned below:

  • The aspirants must be citizens of India
  • NRIs, OCIs, and PIOs are also eligible for the admission
  • The candidates must be at least 17 years of age as on December 31, 2019. The maximum age limit is 25 years for General Category and 30 years for SC/ ST and PwD candidates.
  • There is no maximum limit of attempts put across by the government and candidates can appear for the examination as many time as possible until the set age limit.
  • The candidates must have received a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their 10+2 examination and subjects of PCB. While the minimum score requirement for OBC/ ST/SC is 40% and PwD is 45%.

Examination and Results

Speaking further about NEET, it was successfully conducted on May 05, 2019, the results of which were declared on June 05, 2019. However, this is not the end of the admission process and just the beginning. The admission will be finalized after the counseling process.  The counseling process will be carried out separately by each state as well as the center. The counseling for 15% of AIQ will be conducted by the Medical Council of India (MCI) while the filling of the remaining 85% seats will be through state quota.

The counseling process for each state will vary from one another. With the view of eliminating confusion and rendering a detailed insight, we have provided entire information of the counseling process in each state to offer a clear platform for you. Check out below:

Buy NEET UG BooksBuy NEET UG Online Test Series

Sr.No State
  1 Arunachal Pradesh
  2 Assam
  3 Bihar
  4 Chandigarh
  5 Chhattisgarh
  6 Goa
  7 Gujarat
  8 Haryana
  9 Jammu and Kashmir
  10 Karnataka
  11 Kerala
  12 Madhya Pradesh
  13 Maharashtra
  14 Manipur
  15 Meghalaya
  16 Mizoram
  17 Nagaland
  18 Odisha
  19 Punjab
  20 Rajasthan
  21 Sikkim
  22 Uttarakhand
  23 West Bengal
  24 Tamil Nadu
  25 Tripura
  26 Telangana

The scores acquired in NEET examination determines the capacity of candidates to appear for the exam. Hence preparing it in the best way possible backed by the appropriate resources will make it easier for students to ace it. Target Publications have brought about relevant ways for acing the entrance examination by providing the necessary tools. These include NEET Study Materials comprising of NEET Absolute and NEET Challenger Series. The Absolute series comprises of the basic concepts and theories which are required to make one gain a good perspective of the topics. Once students have gained a good stand over the topic, the next step is solving complex sums and problems which are listed in the NEET Challenger series.

Other NEET tools include NEET Online Test Series and NEET Mock Tests as well as Video Lectures provisioned for acquaint students to the actual exam procedure and process. We at Target Publications deem to be students’ confidante in aiding them to qualify the exam in an easy manner.

We have also enlisted top blogs for rendering students an insight into the examination by provisioning students with the techniques and tricks to qualify the exam. A few sneak peek into the blog topics include:

Buy NEET UG BooksBuy NEET UG Online Test Series

About the author

Aishwarya Raghunath

Add comment

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Archives

Categories

Meta

Aishwarya Raghunath

Get in touch

Quickly communicate covalent niche markets for maintainable sources. Collaboratively harness resource sucking experiences whereas cost effective meta-services.