The counseling process for MBBS and BDS will begin from the last week of June 2019. The procedure will take place on the basis of scores acquired in the NEET entrance test. All candidates who have qualified their NEET entrance can go on to fill their registration forms for counseling in order to avail admission in top government and private colleges in Nagaland.
Below listed are the detailed counseling and admission process for MBBS and BDS courses in Nagaland. Check this out:
As per the latest notification, the counseling process for MBBS and BDS courses in Nagaland will be conducted on the basis of marks acquired in the NEET 2019 entrance. Out of the 100% seats, 85% will be quota seats in state medical and dental colleges and universities. The counseling process will be controlled by the Directorate of Technical Education, Kohima, and Nagaland.
How to register for NEET Counseling 2019?
All candidates who wish to avail for admission in top state and private colleges in Nagaland for MBBS and BDS courses must take part in the counseling process. For this, they must first fill the online application form to participate in the counseling. After the registration, a state-wise merit list will be displayed by the state authority enlisting the names of the candidates who are eligible for the state counseling process.
The seats will be allocated to candidates on the basis of rankings the candidate acquire in the state-wise merit list. Candidates will be required to register themselves and submit the counseling fee to participate in the counseling. Seat allotments will be displayed on the concerned websites after every counseling process.
Nagaland MBBS and BDS Counseling Schedule for 2019
The registration process has to be carried out through online mode only. The application forms for the counseling will be made available starting last week of June, the official date of which is yet to be notified. Candidates must ensure to fill and submit the application forms within the second week of July. The Choice filling of seats and locking will take place on the fourth week of July along with the seat allotment procedure. The online counseling for MBBS and BDS courses will be carried out twice. The 2nd round of counseling will begin in the first week of August 2019 along with the declaration of Seat allotment result.
What is the procedure for admission and selection of seat?
Candidates are requested to follow the below-listed steps for counseling and admission:
- All aspirants who qualified the NEET entrance test must register themselves on the official website of NEET for further admission process. For this, each candidate must fill their personal and educational details along with mentioning their registered mobile number and email ID.
- On filling these, the candidate will be sent their username and password credentials for logging in.
- Candidates are recommended to save the credentials which will be required for further correspondence.
- After receiving the credentials, the aspirants must log into the website and later fill in the online application form mentioned their personal and professional details.
- Once the details are filled, the candidate will be directed to another window wherein they must upload the scanned copy of the documents mentioned. They will also be required to upload their left thumbprint, signature and photograph in the given format.
- The candidates will later be required to make the payment online to be completely eligible for counseling
Verification of Documents
- At the time of registration, each candidate must verify their original documents along with a set of photocopy.
- However, without verification, the documents won’t be permitted for choice filling and locking
Choice Filling and Locking
- In this step, the candidate is required to fill in their choice of courses and colleges one wishes to avail admission into.
- Note: Candidates can fill as many as they want. However, the most important step is to lock the choices once you are done. Also, do not forget to take the printout of the locked choices.
Seat Allocation and Reporting
- Once the choice filling is complete, the seat allotment process will begin.
- On having got the college of one’s choice, the students can download the provisional seat allotment letter so as to report to the allotted college.
- However, in the case, students aren’t satisfied with their choice; they can opt for the second round of counseling. For this, they will have to reapply for the registration.
- On the day of reporting, the candidates must carry their original documents at the time of reporting.
What is the reservation criterion?
The reservation criteria for different categories of dental and medical seats will be fixed as per the state government authority. For this, each candidate must produce relevant documents at the time of counseling.
Important Documents required
The following documents must be carried along with the original and one photocopy on the day of counseling for verification:
- NEET 2019 Rank Card
- NEET 2019 Admit Card
- Class 10th Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate (in the case of reservation)
- Domicile Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
This blog is not just limited to guide students through the counseling process. Herein, we deem to instil confidence inside all those who aim high. Aim for the moon and hit the stars. Target Publication’s NEET study tools are comprehensively designed to ease the preparation process for acing the National Entrance Test.
Also, do not forget to check out our other blogs, wherein we have enlisted informative data surrounding all kinds of examinations starting Std 10, Std 12 – Commerce and Science, Entrance Examination – MHT CET, NEET UG and JEE Main.
Few best picks from NEET UG include: