The counseling process for NEET 2019 will begin in the fourth week of June. The process will be conducted by the respective state authority for rendering admission on the basis of state quota seats, whereas, the counseling for 15% of All India Quota (AIQ) will be conducted by the Medical Council of India. The counseling will be conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) in the state of Karnataka.
NEET is a National level examination for rendering admission to MBBS and BDS courses. The examination was conducted on 05 May 2019 and the results will be declared during the end month of May. Right after the result will begin the counseling process, the filling of state quotas of which will be conducted by the respective state authorities.
Students who are seeking to avail admission in top medical and dental colleges in the state of Karnataka can refer to our blog to get an in detail insight about its counseling process:
All candidates must primarily register themselves for the counseling process which can be done so by visiting the official website of NEET. The applications will be released during the 2nd week of June which needs to be filled by the last week in order to avoid any encumbrance. In addition to registration, they must also make the application fee payment through the online or offline mode. This will be followed by verification of documents, choice filling and then will begin the actual process of seat allotment through counseling.
How can candidates register for NEET UG 2019 Counselling?
All qualified students will have to go through the counseling process to gain admission in their desired college. The number of rounds for counseling will depend on the number of vacant seats which will be the deciding factor for further rounds. The admission, however, will be solely made based on the merit list. Here we have mentioned a comprehensive summary of the NEET Counselling 2019:
- All applicants must register online
- After logging in using the credentials rendered at the time of application form filling, aspirants will have to fill their information on the website.
- Once the candidates have filled their details, they will be directed to the next page where they must upload their photograph, signature and other required documents
- It is prerequisite to pay the counseling fee of Rs. 650/- in case of General and OBC candidates and Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST candidates to proceed further
- The payment can be done either through online mode (debit card/ credit card or net banking) or offline mode in the form of Bank Challan.
- Based on the merit of students, the Karnataka state board will release a provisional state merit list.
- All candidates whose names are mentioned in the list must go for document verification
- The verification process will take place in different centres. Hence, its always better to confirm your centre in advance.
- Candidates must carry original as well as a photocopy of all mentioned documents for verification
- Candidates who are found eligible can further proceed for choice filling. There is no limit to the number of colleges one can opt for.
- The allotment of seats will be conducted by the state authority on the basis of candidate’s choice of college, rank, category as well as the seat availability
- In case the candidate is not satisfied with the choice of seat allotted he must appeal within the specific time period in order to make changes in the choice options.
- If the student is satisfied by the allotted option, he can pay the fee and download the admission ticket from the website.
- You must ensure to be present at the respective college on the allotted day, failing which the admissions will stand cancelled.
- At the time of reporting the candidates must carry their allotment letter and required documents to the college.
What are the documents required?
Candidates must ensure to carry the following documents for verification at the time of reporting. These are as follows:
- Class 10th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- A printed copy of Application Form
- Payment Slip
- NEET 2019 Admit Card
- NEET 2019 Rank Card
- Category Certificate (in case of reservation)
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
- Identity Proof
Thinking of attempting NEET 2020 entrance? Are you well prepared for the exam? Proper study material, guidance and innumerable practice are the ultimate crux. Aim high with Target Publications’ NEET UG Study Material, Online Test Series, Video Lecture as well as Mock Test. Gain the perfect guidance by reading through our blogs on NEET UG by experts to make your dream of getting into top medical and dental colleges possible.
Browse through few of the below-listed topics to be well-prepared for the examination:
Ace your exam with complete preparation. Because “Victory bows down in front of those who never give up!”