The National Eligibility cum entrance test or NEET happens to be a crucial exam for all medical and dental aspirants in the country. It is a National Level examination that is conducted by the NTA for rendering admission to candidates in top Medical and Dental colleges across the country. The NEET exam was recently conducted on May 05, 2019. The results will be released at the end of the month. However, the quest doesn’t end here itself. The students who qualify the entrance need to go through yet another process of counselling to avail seat in top colleges.
Candidates must note that 15% of All India Quota Seats will be filled through Counselling conducted by MCI whereas the remaining 85% of seats under state quota will be filled by the respective authorities of the state. We have provided a detailed explanation of the entire NEET counselling process conducted in Gujarat. Check out below:
When will the NEET Counseling 2019 in Gujarat take place?
The counselling process in most states will be conducted on the 4th week of June. In the state of Gujarat, the process will be organized by the Government of Gujarat. The education department in Gujarat comprises of Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC). Along with medical and dental seats, the committee will also provide admission to students in the field of Naturopathy, Ayurveda, and Homeopathy.
A sneak peek of the Gujarat counseling process
The counselling process will be conducted primarily for government, management and NRI seats in dental and medical colleges across different states. The admission to all major medical courses including BAMS/MBBS/BHMS/BDS will be conducted through a centralizing single window state common counselling procedure. In the case of private colleges, the representatives will be sent to the determined places of counselling.
The process will be organized in two rounds. In situations wherein there still exists vacant seats after the counseling process, a manual counseling will be conducted for the final round. The seats offered will be completely based on Merit.
What is the eligibility criterion for Gujarat NEET Counseling 2019?
The candidates participating for the counselling must foremost have qualified their NEET exams. The state will enlist a provisional list mentioning the names of candidates who have qualified the exams. The other aspects include:
All candidates must have qualified their PCB/PCMB group through the Gujarat Board, ICSE or CBSE board with minimum aggregate marks.
What is the detailed procedure of Counseling?
The counselling process in the state of Gujarat is a bit different in comparison to other states. Listed down is the detailed process.
Get a PIN from bank
- All candidates will have to get a PIN application form which will be available across all branches of Axis Bank in Gujarat paying a fee of Rs. 200 in cash.
- Also, PIN Online registration is also available by the respective Axis Bank Authorities across branches on approval of authority during bank hours.
- All candidates who are looking for admission through State quota seats must mandatorily .fill the application forms released by the state authority using the generate PIN.
- They can also fill the application form online on the website.
- Candidates are recommended to fill the form and mention all the details with care paying proper heed to errors. However, in case of corrections, you must contact the nearby help center or control room by visiting the office of the admission committee.
- In this case, the candidate must also carry the valid documents to the help center in case of corrections.
Filling of Choices
- Once the registration process is successfully completed, the next process is that of choice filling.
- Aspirants are required to fill the choices of colleges and courses through the online mode at the time of registration.
- There is no particular limit as to how many choices can be filled.
- However, it is recommended to take a print out of the chosen choices.
Verification of Documents
- Those who have already filled the application must get their documents verified by reporting to the help centre where they would be verified by the authority.
- In situations where any document is found to be wrong, the admission of such candidates will stand cancelled.
Listing of Merit List
After finishing the document verification, the merit list will be listed out by the authorities created on the basis of All India Rank mentioning the names of candidates who have applied for the admission.
Allocation of Seats
- The authority will list out the allotment of seats on the official website of the authority.
- The seats will be allocated on the basis of availability of seats, category and all India rank in the merit.
- Candidates who are satisfied with the allotment must obtain a printout of the information as well as collect the bank fee receipts.
- However, candidates who are not satisfied by their allocation can take part in the second session of counseling. After the two counseling session, if there is any seat found to be vacant, then a manual allocation will be carried out.
Reporting to the respective college
- All the candidates who got a seat must report to the respective college on the mentioned dates without fail to confirm their admission.
- They can further confirm the admission by paying the respective tuition fees amount at the concerned college.
- Candidates who fail to report to the college within the mentioned days or are yet to make their payment will have their admission stand cancelled.
What is the reservation criterion?
The seat reservation policy as per Gujarat state are as follows:
- 15% of the total seats in the college will be reserved for candidates of All India Quota
- The remaining i.e. 85% will be allocated to candidates belonging to Gujarat State. The percentage of reservations are as follows:
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||7%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||15%|
|Socially & Economically Backward Class (SEBC)||27%|
The reservation is not applicable to students who have migrated from one state to another.
What are the documents required?
Candidates must bring along with them the following documents at the time of verification and when reporting at the respective colleges. Each document must be self-attested. In addition, they must also carry the original document along. Below listed are the required documents:
- Class 10th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- NEET Rank Card
- NEET Admit Card
- Date of Birth Proof
- School Leaving and Transfer Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (for candidates belonging to SEBC category)
- PwD Certificate
- Identity Proof
- Domicile Certificate
For all those candidates who are aiming to appear for the NEET 2020 examination, NOW is the perfect time to start with it. Backed by perfect preparation material, grit and integrity to ace the exam can make one reach their goal much faster. And here is where Target Publications comes into the picture. We offer extensive coverage of NEET UG preparation kit which includes the following:
Check out our website and subscribe to our channel to gain a complete insight into our various offerings for NEET materials today without delaying your preparation to ace the exam.
Also, to help you fight the exam stress, we present to you expert guidance and study hacks for emerging victorious in your boards and entrance exam.