NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is an essential examination for acing Medical and Dental admissions across different states of the nation. For enabling seats in some of the most renowned colleges and institutes students are required to qualify the NEET entrance. This is a long process which includes NEET Entrance exam – NEET Release of results – NEET Counseling.
Similar to other states, the NEET Counseling for 2019 will be carried out during the 3rd week of June 2019. In the state of Bihar, the process will be conducted by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECE) for rendering admission to able candidates in MBBS and BDS courses.
Read below for a detailed understanding of the process:
The counseling process in Bihar will be conducted for rendering students of MBBS and BDS admission to top Medical and Dental colleges. The procedure will be carried out to fill an approximate of 1,112 seats for MBBS and 243 seats for BDS. Aspirants will be granted admission to the private and government colleges through counseling conducted for 85% of state quota seats. While the remaining 15% seats will be filled through All India Quota conducted by the Medical Council of India.
Release of Application Form
The application form for the process will be released during the third week of June. Candidates who have qualified the NEET exam at Bihar and hold the domicile for the state are required to fill the form online.
Candidates are required to meet the below-mentioned criteria so as to be eligible for NEET counselling. These are as follows:
- Aspirants should be citizens of India
- The must at least be 17 years of age with the upper age limit of 25 years as of May 05, 2019
- Candidates who qualify the following domicile are eligible for Bihar MBBS and BDS admissions:
- Either of their parent(s) are permanent resident of India
- Aspirants whose parent(s) are refugees in the state of Bihar
- Candidates whose parents are not permanent citizens of the state but work for Government of India.
- If your parents are in transferable job in the state of Bihar and Jharkhand
- If the applicant’s parents are working in any PSU (Public Sector Undertaking) of GOI
- Candidates whose parents are working with the United Nations and are recruited to the state of Bihar
- Candidates must have qualified their 10+2 with a minimum percentage of 50% (For GC) and 40% (For SC/ST/OBC) above in PCB.
- They must be medically fit to qualify for MBBS and BDS admission in the state
- They must have qualified the NEET Cutoff for 2019
What are the steps for filling the MBBS application in Bihar?
Below enlisted is the detailed process for filling the application form for MBBS in Bihar:
All candidates need to fill in their application online by logging in using their application number and roll number/ credentials rendered to them at the time of registration process
Payment of Application Fees
The registration process will not be considered complete unless the candidate doesn’t fill their application form fees. The fees can be paid through online mode by using their Debit/ Credit Card or Net banking process.
Filling of forms
Once the payment is complete, the next step is filling of application form. Every candidate needs to mention their personal details including registered Email Id, Mobile Number and NEET Result. They must also fill in their academic details to complete the process.
Printout of application form
After the completion of the entire process, the candidates will be required to take the printout of the application form for future requirement.
Bihar MBBS/ BDS Counselling process
The counseling process will be carried out in the offline mode which will be conducted in two rounds. Candidates will be required to get their documents verified on the scheduled date carrying along to the college.
After the offline counseling process, the candidates must fill in their choice of college where they prefer to seek admission. The allocation will be done on the basis of preference of college, number of seats vacant and the merit obtained in the exam.
Once the candidates are allotted seats, they need to further confirm it by being present at the allotted college on the scheduled day. In case of failure to be present, the admission of such candidate will stand cancelled.
The second round of counseling will be conducted during the first week of August 2019.
Documents to be carried
Following is the list of documents which are required to be carried along at the time of counselling. It is mandatory to carry the below mentioned document, unavailability of which can lead to direct cancellation of admission:
- NEET UG Score Card 2019
- NEET UG Admit Card 2019
- Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate of Class 10th and Class 12th
- Residential Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Printout copy of Bihar MBBS application form for 2019
- Aadhar Card as identity proof
- Six passport size photographs same as what was used in NEET Admit Card and NEET Application Form 2019
- Other necessary documents required as PH Certificate
- All relevant certificate and documents in original as required by private medical and dental colleges
Bihar Reservation Criteria 2019
The reservation criteria for MBBS and BDS admission is subject to differ based on the norms set by the respective state government. The reservation criteria for the state of Bihar are as follows:
|Category||Percentage of Seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1%|
|Extremely Backward Class (EBC)||18%|
|Backward Class (BC)||12%|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||3%|
After NEET 2019, the next stop for aspirants who aim to join top medical and dental colleges is NEET 2020. With almost a full year remaining for the exams, it is a wise thing to start the preparation in advance starting 2019. However, the backing of proper notes, study material and preparation tools make the necessary elements for acing the exams. Target Publications offers one of the best grounds for up scaling your preparation through our offerings for NEET UG 2020 preparation. This includes:
- NEET Absolute Series – For concept building
- NEET Challenger Series – For testing your preparation
- NEET Online Test Series – To strengthen your concepts
- NEET Mock Tests – To get acquainted to the methodology of exam
Additionally, we also aid our students through Video lectures offered by subject experts to clear concepts of topics in a lucid manner. You can subscribe to our YouTube channel to not miss out on any topics.
Finding oneself stuck with strategizing and hunting for preparation techniques? Why not check out our blogs on following topics:
- What Are The Top 10 Most Common Mistakes Students Make in NEET UG
- Last Minute Preparation Tips for NEET (UG) 2019 – Medical Entrance Exam After HSC Boards
- How to Calculate Rank in NEET-UG 2019 Exam – Tie-Break Criteria Full Analysis
- How parents can help their children in preparations for competitive Entrance Exams?