Every student whether in school or college or for that matter whether they are attempting school exam or the board exam wish to score 90+ %. However, in the case of board exams, the quest to score a complete 90 is far more considering the impact it will have on the individual’s career. Primarily, the student will be required to gain admission in a good institution or college from where will begin his/her journey towards scoring high.
However, as easy it looks, scoring 90 is no less an herculean task. A student who wishes to score such a high percentage not only requires strategizing accordingly as well as changing their habits to gain a better score in the exam. Again this like any other exam goes, students need to strategize a timetable by gaining a complete overview of what subjects will be asked in the exam.
Additionally, scoring a good percentage requires a blend of both hard work and smart work.
So what are the different ways by which you can guarantee you score a perfect 90? Well, to lessen your trouble we have enlisted top strategies you can apply to make it work for you. To make it more easy for the students to understand how they can strategize each of the individual subjects. So, here we go:
The top three subjects which play an integral role in a CBSE board are:
- Social Science
So, here we have gone about covering each subject individually enlisting the preparation tips and tricks on how you can go about comprehending in preparing for each subject.
We have begun with the easiest subject which is English. In comparison to other subjects, English is quite scoring. However, one needs to read the chapters in detail which will not only help in understanding what the chapter speaks about but also aid in enhancing one’s vocabulary as well. The subject of English can be divided into three parts which include: Passages, Grammar and Writing Skills.
While for passages general reading is sufficient to acquaint one with the topic, for grammar and writing skills one must practice constantly. Grammar happens to be one of the most scoring sections if given full concentration. As for writing skills, you must practice constantly in order to gain a good grip over your writing and language. Read as much as possible along with practicing previous year papers wherein also you can refer to what were the questions asked so as to accordingly prepare oneself.
When writing the paper:
When you are writing the paper try to maintain a pattern and format. Writing skills like Essays, Letter must include a proper Introduction, Body and Conclusion.
The second easiest part of CBSE Class X includes social studies. However, for gaining good scores in this subject, you must be well accustomed with dates and facts which require immense practice. Social Studies include Geography, History, and Civics. Thus, there includes numerous facts and figures to be remembered.
How to prepare?
- Maintain notes of important dates and timelines which are outlined in every chapter included in the syllabus.
- To make social studies more interesting, read it like a novel or a story instead of a chapter. This will help you retain more information in your mind.
- Practice writing the answers every day so as to keep a tab of the word count.
- Additionally, solve as many previous year question papers as possible along with sample papers every alternate day to keep a tab of what is studied and how much needs to be covered.
Science in Class X CBSE comprises of three subjects covered in one book which include Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Moreover, it is extremely fun if taken in a proper sense. If understood they can help you score more marks. Here are a few points to note:
- Get a good idea of what is included in the syllabus and accordingly prepare your timetable. Also, enlist all the important questions chapter-wise based on the course outline.
- As physics and Chemistry, the syllabus will include formulae maintain a separate sheet which includes all the formulae at one place.
- At the same time, for experiments and Biology diagrams maintain a separate notebook.
- Understand the concepts well instead of just rote learning. Additionally, highlight the important points which can be useful at the time of revision.
- Revisit the folder or notes at the time of a revision to ease the stress.
Maths as a subject can aid in increasing your score, but this requires determination and complete perseverance. It also aids in enhancing one’s analytical abilities, decision making as well as reasoning. Thus, this requires a smart approach to make it work in your favor.
How to study?
- Prepare notes comprising of formulae from all the chapters included in the syllabus
- Practice every day and solve the sums and practice problems to clear your concept base.
- During exam as well as preparation ensure to read all the questions thoroughly before it is clear to you on how to solve
- Revise the concepts and formulae on a daily basis
- In case of any query related to any chapter, sum or practice problem ask your teacher for clarification.
Target Publications presents a compact and well-researched study material for CBSE students through our books for Class X. Our Class X books include CBSE Class X Science, Class X Maths and Class X English Grammar and Class X English Communicative Notes. Additionally, we also present a separate book for grammar which offers a comprehensive outlook of all the topics in entirety.
If you are an SSC student, you can check through our blogs on how to prepare for SSC exams in a hassle-free manner: