Std. X Geometry
for Maharashtra State Board (SSC) English Medium
Sixth Edition: March 2016
• Mr. Biju Babu (B.E Prod.)
• Mr. Kannan G. Iyer(B.Sc. Maths)
• Mr. Pankaj Dubey (B.E. Mech.)
• Written as per the new textbook.
• Exhaustive coverage of entire syllabus.
• Topic–wise distribution of all textual questions and practice problems at the beginning of every chapter
• Covers solutions to all textual exercises and problem set.
• Includes additional problems for practice.
• Indicative marks for all problems.
• Comprehensive solution to Question Bank.
• Constructions drawn with accurate measurements.
• Includes Board Question Papers of 2014, 2015 and March 2016.
Geometry is the mathematics of properties, measurement and relationships of points, lines, angles, surfaces and solids. It is widely used in the fields of science, engineering, computers, architecture etc. It is a vast subject dealing with the study of properties, definitions, theorems, areas, perimeter, angles, triangles, mensuration, co-ordinates, constructions etc.
The study of Geometry requires a deep and intrinsic understanding of concepts. Hence, to ease this task, we bring to you “Std. X: Geometry”, a complete and thorough guide critically analysed and extensively drafted to boost the confidence of the students. The question answer format of this book helps the student to understand and grasp each and every concept thoroughly. The book is based on the new text book and covers the entire syllabus. At the beginning of every chapter, topic–wise distribution of all textual questions and practice problems has been provided for simpler understanding of different types of questions. The book contains answers to textual exercises, problems sets and Question bank. It also includes additional questions for practice. All the diagrams are neat and have proper labelling. The book has a unique feature that all the constructions are as per the scale. Another feature of the book is its layout which is attractive and inspires the student to read.
Marks are provided for each and every problem. However, marks mentioned are indicative and are subject to change as per Maharashtra State Board’s discretion.
There is always room for improvement and hence we welcome all suggestions and regret any errors that may have occurred in the making of this book.
A book affects eternity; one can never tell where its influence stops.
Best of luck to all the aspirants!