Std. Xth Algebra
for Maharashtra State Board (SSC) English Medium
Fifth Edition: March 2015
Written as per the revised syllabus prescribed by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Pune.
• Written as per the new textbook.
• Exhaustive coverage of entire syllabus.
• Topic–wise distribution of all textual questions and practice problems at the beginning of every chapter.
• Precise theory for every topic.
• Covers answers to all textual exercises and problem set.
• Includes additional problems for practice.
• Indicative marks for all problems.
• Comprehensive solution to Question Bank.
• Attractive layout of the content.
• Self evaluative in nature.
• Includes Board Question Papers of 2013, 2014 and 2015
Algebra is the branch of mathematics which deals with the study of rules of operations and relations and the concepts arising from them. It has wide applications in different fields of science and technology. It deals with concepts like linear equations, quadratic equations, Arithmetic progressions etc. Its application in statistics deals with measures of central tendency, representation of statistical data, etc.
The study of Algebra requires a deep and intrinsic understanding of concepts, terms and formulae. Hence, to ease this task we bring to you “Std. X: Algebra”, a complete and thorough guide extensively drafted to boost the students confidence. The question answer format of this book helps the student to understand and grasp each and every concept thoroughly. The book is based on the new text book and covers the entire syllabus. At the beginning of every chapter, topic–wise distribution of all textual questions and practice problems has been provided for simpler understanding of different types of questions. The book contains answers to textual exercises, problems sets and Question bank. It also includes additional questions for practice. Graphs are drawn with proper scale and pie diagrams are with correct measures. Another feature of the book is its layout which is attractive and inspires the student to read.
Marks are provided for each and every problem. However, marks mentioned are indicative and are subject to change as per Maharashtra State Board’s discretion.
There is always room for improvement and hence we welcome all suggestions and regret any errors that may have occurred in the making of this book.
A book affects eternity; one can never tell where its influence stops.
Best of luck to all the aspirants!